Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013...

Hello!! Happy 2013!! Its not too late for well wishes is it?  My poor old blog has been very neglected but it has all been worthwhile having successfully completed my Cert IV in Residential drafting! woo hoo!  Just need to find a job now ; )

Anyway havent got much to report , enjoying lazy days with school hols at the moment, doing a bit of sewing, enjoying the rain ( what there is of it )

Heres my first sewing finish for 2013..





A sewing case made from this book, 




 I kind of did my own thing with this and followed the basic pattern for putting in the zip, Its in Japanese so just followed the diagrams


Im doing a bit of hand quilting as well so its very handing for keeping all my bits and pieces together...

Hopefully you will see (hear) a bit more from me this year, 

Happy Crafting!

x











11 comments:

Hope said...

VERY pretty! Love the colours you used. Might have to make myself something like that.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yay!! A big welcome back to blogging. And super Congratulations on getting your Cert in Residential drafting! Your sewing kit is so sweet and pretty as is your hand quilting project. Enjoy the holidays and relaxing.

Crafted by Carly said...

Welcome back to blogland!!! I'm so pleased you've returned!
What a pretty make! I love all the soft colours you've put together.
Carly
x

Shay said...

You clever thing - being able to take something and make it from a book just from pictures.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the job hunting.

Catherine said...

Hello there:) Welcome back and Happy New Year. I do love your crafty projects Melissa and you've used some really sweet fabric, it looks great. Good luck with the job hunting too:) xx

Amanda Makes said...

Oh Melissa!!! You're back! I'm soooo pleased! I think of you very often as I'm having a burst of activity on my beloved Sugar Flower Quilt, which I'm making with the glorious fabrics you sent to me....whilst leaning against the quilt you made.....how can I not think of you! Your sewing is fab as always.I think I need a link to that book! Congrats on getting your qualification. You'll get snapped up if anyone has any sense. Happy New Year my friend. Amanda xxxx

Trudy said...

Hi Melissa
Congratulations on your drafting certificate!!! And a lovely first make of the year and from a Japanese crafting book to boot ... go girl : -)

Jhordan Kee said...

I congratulate you for your new creation and I know it is just the beginning. Keep it up!

elnorac said...

Such a lovely project! I wonder if that book is by Atsuko Matsuyama? A friend purchased it, but she doesn't know. Think I'll ask a Japanese speaker. Did you order the book from Amazon Japan?

Jola said...

Super pomysł i wykonanie. Serdecznie pozdrawiam. Jola

Julie said...

Welcome back - though I see a bit more of you on Flickr. Does that book have an ISBN number you could email me - wouldn't mind trying to find it sometime. Thanks