Bloggers Pillow Party

Stitched in Color is hosting a Pillow Party where each month you can enter a pillow you have made to win fabric! And not just any fabric, this month Whipstitch fabrics is giving away FIVE yards of Sherbert Pips, YES PLEASE!!!

So heres my entry. 


I'd had this idea in the back of my mind for a while dreaming of VW's.  The first car i ever bought was a beetle and one day i hope to have another.  For the meantime I will have to settle for the stitchy version.
I had visions of a little blue ( bahama blue ) to be precise Bug, tootling over rolling hills with a stack of vintage suitcases piled high.  I actually had a hat box on top of my drawing but decided last minute to sew a birdcage. I think it looks cute!


Its all raw edge applique and a bit of free motion embroidery with stipple quilting on the front and simple quilting and button closure on the back.


I havent actually kept this pillow even though it looks great on my couch but gave it to my gorgeous niece for her 18th birthday....i know what you're thinking....who gives someone a PILLOW for their 18th???  But she absolutely loves it and takes pride of place on her bed.  Cant ask for more than that!


Thanks Rachel for hosting this , be sure to check out all the lovely entries here

Did i mention that the Sherbert Pip Queen herself is judging?  I wonder if a bit of brown nosing will help me win.  FIVE yards !! Woohooo.   I really , really , REALLY  love , love LOVE  Sherbert PIPS!!!!!!

Comments

That pillow's a winner in my books!

Your 18-year-old niece has good taste.

I hope you win!
Melissa, my money is on you!! That fabric is coming your way for sure, keeping my fingers crossed. That fabric is sensational, I can understand your excitement!!
kirsty said…
yep, you're the winner already as far as we're concerned!

x
Oh, I love your pillow, just saw it on the link page on rachels blog. Its gorgeous!
Tracey said…
super super cute
Nelly said…
I love beetles too and just bought a beetle brooch from an opshop today will post soon.
Jennifer said…
Your pillow is SO cute!
JuneBug said…
Oh I love it! And it's a perfect gift for an 18 year old - freedom to roam now that she's a grownup :)
Rachaeldaisy said…
This is a winning pillow for sure!!!
Shay said…
I'd vote for your pillow if I could - it's so cute!
tiptoetango.com said…
Such a fun pillow! Love all the little details...hope you win!
MonetPaisley said…
Amazing, wow if that doesnt win i'd love to see the winning entry. I think thats a hreat 18 th present, cause.it jas a car on it. Sooo cute. Love it!
Sarah B said…
I think your pillow will kick the other pillow's bottoms! It's fantastic!
Bungalowgirl said…
Your pillow is so unique and gorgeous in the colour combination- I love that taupe with all the pastels. By the way jumped on your sister's blog today- she should be your marketing and pr coordinator- she managed to ferret out heaps more of your amazing creations that you had been squirrelling away for a rainy day. Can't wait to see what you dream up next.
Marg said…
Your pillow is fabulous, every time I see pics of it, it makes me smile. I really do hope that it's a winner!
Katie said…
This is awesome! You should definitely win. I love the whole thing, but I especially love the floral suitcase and the bird cage. Good luck!
Rachel Hauser said…
So incredibly cute! Great concept and, yes, the birdcage is fab. Good luck!
chloeandme said…
That is so darn cute! LOVE LOVE it! Good Job!
Hearthandmade said…
I LOVE IT! Thats flippin awesome. I actually adore that cushion behind it with the doily! Can i see that?! How did you make it? Thank you so much for following my blog :)
Catherine said…
That is the cutest pillow I have ever seen, I love it. I can understand why it takes pride of place on your niece's bed, what a beautiful gift, it's very special. Good luck! xo
Wendy said…
Wow this is just amazing! Good luck, I hope you win.
Raine and Sage said…
It's going to be a hard press for anyone to beat this Melissa.
I can see you enjoying and using the prize fabric in some other amazing creation.
m.e (Cathie) said…
I have told you before Melissa, your pillow is amazing!!!

I'd love for you to pop by when you get a chance ♥
Kristie said…
This is gorgeous! Great job!
Carmel's Closet said…
That is one gorgeous cushion. Love VW's and bunting - great combo.
Carmel
x
iamOLDLIB said…
Your entry just made me smile today. It is so sweet.
willywagtail said…
Terrific. Looks like heaps of work in there. Cherrie
Kristine said…
Wow, that is absolutely fabulous. Love it.
eileensideways said…
so flippin cute. love the car bumper fabric.
Márcia said…
Hi Melissa, I love your beatle !!! Do you allow me to make, or try to make your pillow??? I'm form Brasil, so, I'm sorry for my english !!!
Bye
Agnès Texier said…
Hello
I loved all your creations. All details are fabulous. Bravo for the result. ( sorry for my English but I'm french )
Biz
Agnès
Sherry said…
Love the pillow. We used to take our canary on holidays, so this picture is especially appropriate for me.

Popular Posts