Feeling Inspired!

you would think that with these guys back at school - the smallest just starting preschool / kinder - i would have lots of time to do crafty things and have heaps to show you.


 i dont know what ive been doing! wandering around feeling a little bit lost without my 'trusty assistant'!  Feeling uninspired and unmotivated until i received this!


A parcel full of yummy fabric goodness from the lovely
 Miss BlueMountainDaisy !
Hee hee Rachael even sent ME a thankyou card!


THANKYOU!!! Rachael,
youve picked me up out of my craft fog


as you can see ive been playing and arranging and am thinking of a zig zag number
inspired by this dashing quilt . 


So, while ive been dreaming of zig zags ive sewn up a little
 dolly quilt for a three year old birthday,
look at that ive sewn right through that pin!
Lucky thats not my finger! 



I played around with straight line quilting, very monotonous even on this little quilt but i LOVE the effect!
 I will be trying it on  a big version soon!
i also tried a new technique for binding from this fantastic tutorial and highlyrecommend it
 - im converted!


Have a wonderful weekend !
x

Comments

Sally said…
That fabric is so so so very gorgeous. Delightful.
Bellgirl said…
Ooh what a scrumptious pile for a zigzag quilt!
Marg said…
Ooooh why didn't you post about that tutorial last weekend, whyyyyyyy?
Love those gorgeous fabrics, so pretty. I'm in a quilting funk this weekend I want to start something new but i can't make up my mind.
kirsty said…
all those gorgeous fabrics, that's enough inspiration isn't it! lovely!!

x
Sonia said…
Glad you've got your creative mojo back. Ah fabric, how beautiful it is! I like the look of that straight line quilting alot.
I'm off to sewing lessons on the 5th March - booked and paid for, with fabric and pattern at the ready. Can't wait!
Can you please remind me of the wet season build up. I'm feeling very homesick lately. I want to go home!
Bayside Rose said…
That fabric is inspiring enough to make me want to make a quilt!

You are so very talented.

Pam x
Nana Go-Go said…
I so love the prettiness of your quilts, Melissa. Can`t wait to see the bigger project.
Amanda said…
Your fabric gift is gorgeous! How kind! Can't wait to see what you do with it! xxxx
Yumdiddlyumptious! All of it! Love it!
Shay said…
Oh my! That fabric haul is delightful to look at! Please continue to be inspired and show us what you do with it. Im sure it'll be something fabulous.

Glad your kids got back to school OK-Im sure you'll adjust to having some time to yourself.

And...that's the way I do my binding !
Rachaeldaisy said…
Wow, fantastic photos!! i'm so glad you like your squares! A zig zag quilt would look so awesome!!

Popular Posts