Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sew and Tell


I didnt think i had much for show and tell
but when i started taking photos
i was suprised at how much i have made over
 the last couple of weeks.
A library bag for a dinosaur obsessed 6 yr old (above ).


I also found a great tutorial for a pin cushion caddy here. 
 This is all hand pieced and a
great project for the couch after hours! 
 Note to self : read the instructions!


This was intended as a gift but as i overstuffed it
 and the middle blew out a bit
 ive decided id better keep it!


A sewing machine cover.
 Since making this i have bought a new machine
 - this now brings my sewing machine tally to ...um, 7
(its actually more than that but they are the machines i do use),
maybe i am crazy?.....


I bought some lovely fabric bundles from Fabricworm,
Cynthia puts these custom bundles together and are good for people like me
who buy a lot of fabric over the internet as you are assured that they coordinate.
Its very hard to match fabric on a computer screen!


Anyway, ive cut it up and started  another kaleidoscope. 
 Its a bit different to the last one which is still a WIP, 
as usual im unsure about my colour choices,
 but i think (hopeful) it will look good! 
 Im planning on doing some
handquilting on this one. 


I crocheted a couple of headbands for christmas gifts.
A really quick and easy project found here using
some lovely organic cotton.

I also made a couple more of these...


Dont forget to enter my little giveaway which i
will draw on Christmas Eve!

Happy Crafting

x

13 comments:

kirsty said...

oh so lovely little projects, so glad you posted a link to the headbands, have been looking for them without success! the kaleidescope pieces look great, they always do ya know! have a lovely day.

x

Sarah B said...

Your work is just so pretty, and when I thought I'd never quilt again as there are so many other things to do, after discovering your blog I am thinking about making a pieced bedspread and pillowcases! Might just start with the pillowcases and see how long that takes!

Frugal Down Under said...

I LOVE the headbands!!! Do you sell them?

I'm off overseas this weekend, but on my return I will be heading your way and hope to pop in, as my Dolly is looking forward to a play with your lovely children and i would love to learn some new skills.

willywagtail said...

I'm totally in love with everything you have made. It is all so pretty. cherrie

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Beeoootiful things as always, Melissa. I love everything!

Amanda said...

You have been a busy bee! All good stuff as usual! Melissa, which machine do you do your free motion embroidery on. I'm using a borrowed machine at the moment, but my brother and his wife are giving me her old one so that'll put me on, but I like to dream dreams of one day having a new one! I love the caddy you made. One for the new year I think! Lots of love, Chick. Amanda xxx

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

GORGEOUS!!! We have to oganise a show and tell this week!! Love it all!!!

Megan said...

I love that pin cushion caddy!! How wonderful. Heading straight over to check out the tutorial right now! What a pity you had to keep it for yourself :P

Nana Go-Go said...

Wish I was on your Xmas List! Beautiful objects, beautifully made. x

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Noooooooooooooo...I toook one look at your fabric stack and headed on over there. Bad Pyjamas!

Love the dino- bag and the sewing machine cover is sweet! I want to make one.

I read how many machines you have and had to go get my glasses because I was pretty sure I was seeing things. Nup- my eyesight is still good. Thats amazing. I have two. Why do you have 7? Do you have 14 hands? Im just curious.

Sally said...

I love it all... you're such a marvellous talent!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Everything you've shown is amazing!! The free motion embroidered sewing machine on the pincushion is so gorgeous. 7 machines!!! Wow!! You to do a post to introduce them all.

Penny said...

I love it all!!!...especially the Hexie caddy pincushion :) Love the embroidery detail you added..gorgeous!
Please join my Hexie Caddy Parade.