Bloggers Quilt Festival

The Bloggers Quilt Festival is on again at Amys Creative Side and ive decided to join in the fun with this quilt. I wanted to make something special for my sisters 40th birthday and i had successfully made one of these circle quilts previously and was keen to tackle another. This one was slightly bigger at 90" x 90" and all pieced and machine quilted on my little sewing machine. I have a collection of vintage sheet fabrics which i love and wanted to use them as the main focus in this quilt and added some new designer fabrics as well. I used over 60 different vintage sheet fabrics in this quilt! I also used a lovely unused vintage sheet for the back. I have had a little bit of experience in making quilts , mainly for babies, and this was the second full size quilt i have made and ive learnt not to get slack with the basting. I had a few dramas machine quilting, being such a huge quilt and using such a small machine was certainly a challenge. I ended up with a few puckers which i didnt really want but after washing and drying and crinkling it really wasnt as noticable.
I loved being able to make something so unique with the design and the fabrics and that it is in the hands of someone who really loves and appreciates that too!
Please go and check out Amys blog for more fantastic quilts and inspiration!
Thanks Amy for hosting this!

Comments

That is spectacularly beautiful! I love the combination of fabrics. I'd love to make a quilt ... but it seems quite difficult.

Maybe a small one first.

Yours looks incredible ... I even love your floral pillowcases!
quiltilicious said…
Gorgeous - I love circle quilts
Marg said…
This is a beautiful quilt, I love the mix of colours and the pretty vintage sheets.
Dropping by from BQF.

This quilt is a visual feast. I collect vintage sheets and I just posted about a circle quilt I made too and then I came here to be tantalised by yours.

Your quilt is so pretty, the fabrics, the way it came together. Perfect. Thanks for showing us. Lucky sister !
kirsty said…
I'm the luckiest. I. Love. It.

x
Mary said…
Love this quilt...I have a weakness for circles! Your blog is fantastic...you are so creative!
sean the prawn said…
Wow the quilt is really gorgeous ... Love the circles & I'm always a bug sucker for vintage sheets.
Deb said…
I've never tackled circles! Your quilt is amazing. I love seeing all this wonderful talent in the BQF!
Linda said…
Beautiful! Wonderful mix of fabric and color!
Lynne said…
what a wonderful quilt, I love the colours and all those circles, - you certainly didn't give yourself an easy ride but you did a wonderful job!
Amanda said…
Stunning Melissa!I want one! Lots of love, Amanda xxx
Deborah said…
This is beautiful!
Anna said…
That is gorgeous! Dang it! Now I have to start collecting vintage sheets...
Karen said…
So much gorgeousness in one quilt. Fantastic job tackling qulting such a big quilt on your machine. I think I could spend hours looking at all your fabrics in this quilt.
Kelly said…
I love this quilt!
Gina said…
This remains my favourite blog quilt I've seen this year. I'd love to try a circle style like that one day. If you have tips or can recommend a pattern/tutorial I'm all ears.
Bellgirl said…
Oh yay! I can't get enough of this quilt!
Jaw-droppingly beautious!
And what Gina said, x
Claudia said…
Beautiful! I just love those colors and circles and how it all flows together.
Kristie said…
Very pretty! I am using a similar circle design on my current quilt!
Rebecca Johnson said…
This quilt is so gorgeous...i love the vintage sheets..the fabrics are amazing!! Good Job with your circles...!! Love them! xx
Sandra said…
What a peaceful, cozy quilt. It has a nice vintage feel. What a lucky sister.
Come see my 1890 antique schoolhouse quilt and
black/white/pink scrappy miniature
baysiderose said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Just love it.
Pam x
Rachaeldaisy said…
This quilt is gorgeous!! The fabrics are so beautiful, like an overgrown garden full of flowers in bloom. I love it!!! I also love your header.
Love Sundays said…
It looks just amazing, well done, love all the fabrics in it. x
Emily Elizabeth said…
Wow, this is gorgeous! I'm a vintage sheet lover myself, and I'm currently working on a king sized quilt that incorporates all of the different sheets in my stash. Thanks for the inspiration!
Joanne said…
WOW!! GORGEOUS !!!
Leslie said…
this is such a beautiful gift!! i love it. the fabric and the quilting, everything is stunning
danielle said…
wow this is gorgeous- i LOVE it!!
Polka Dot Daze said…
It's amazing! I love it too!
Lisa said…
This quilt is insanely awesome. I LOVE that you mixed old and new. So cool!
Mie said…
Wow, I absolutely love this quilt. Is it a specific pattern you used or did you come up with it by yourself? Hints and tricks are very welcome.

Popular Posts