Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Happy Sunday , I hope youre enjoying your weekend, I havent been op shopping or tip shopping in a little while so thought I might share some of my best buys in the past. This old girl was picked up at the tipshop by my partner Wayne ( hes a good man isnt he! ) for $20.00. Its in immaculate condition would you believe, the foot pedal was a bit dodgy and I spent 70 cents on a new capacitor for it! The accessories didnt come with it at first but we went back two days later and picked it up for $5.00! This is my current makeover project I need to rip off all the yukky upholstery and recover , $10.00 from the tip shop, This is a gorgeous vintage alphabet wallhanging I think from the 1940s, I paid $5.00 from the opshop, And this is a gorgeous little kitchen dresser my dad made for my daughter - ive just painted it - so not quite a flea market find, but the pot holder and cruet set are op shop finds. Do you like the little tea cosy ? Cute huh! For more fantastic FMFs visit Sophie

15 comments:

baysiderose said...

What a great Bernina find. They are very good quality machines. Love that dresser your Dad made and that tea cosy is too cute.

Knicky Knacks said...

I loooove that tea cosy. I have one in the shape of an owl. My daughters love it.

bowerbirdz said...

Love the dresser and its adornments. So great to find a sewing machine at that price in working order. Love your blog BTW.

Mira Narnie said...

All are just fab! looking forward to see how you restore the chair!

Amanda said...

All good stuff! I'm very jealous of the sewing machine! Isn't your Dad a clever lad? Lots of love, Amanda xxx

sylviesgarden said...

That sewing machine is a great find!
I love the dresser that your Dad made, so pretty especially with the crochet.
x

george said...

i really want to paint something pink now. totally gorgeous dresser.

Chaos Girl Takes Control said...

Great find at the dump-shop! I saw a sewing machine / overlocker at the Rapid Creek Anglicare Op-shop on Saturday but walked out and forgot to look at it more. Kicking myself now.

Love your creations.

Ms Cinti - my poppet said...

I wish we had such a fantastic tip shop. love the cosy

moose and bird said...

So gorgeous......the dresser will be a family heirloom I'm sure. x

green tea and red nails said...

oh what great finds!! ...and that dresser! wowee :)

kel x

Thea said...

The tea cosy is cute but I love, love, love the pink dresser! x

Mogs Designs said...

Great score with the sewing machine, love all the other bits too.

Jenni said...

what a great lot of finds. Love the poster & dresser & can't wait to see what you do with the chair!

Chaos Girl Takes Control said...

I thought I'd pass on some gossip I heard. Some one told me the dump shop will be closing down as the council is not renewing the lease :-(