Hooky Happiness And A New Addiction

This ugly duckling became a swan and I finished another cushion. I was going for a circle-in-square look with the grannys but they ended up a bit square looking! Nothing wrong with being square!
Im pretty happy with the end result. This has become my latest addiction. These are kaleidoscope blocks. Ive been searching for a pattern to make my little boy a quilt. I wanted something that was a bit more of a challenge than simple squares and I love the look of these. I bought a kaleido-ruler and it makes these blocks so simple to put together, I cant believe how easy they are to make. Im not so sure about my fabric choices but I think in the overall scheme of things they will be good - Im hoping anyway!
Enjoy your weekend! x

Comments

Miss Muggins said…
your crochet is to die for!
kirsty said…
hey there you, your crochet stool cover turned out brilliantly! i wish i was half as neat. the boy will love his new quilt i'm sure.

x
Tracey said…
the quilt blocks look great - are they really simple? I am thinking I should graduate from the humble square myself
Amanda said…
Melissa, you have one of my favourite blogs! Always something colourful and beautiful to see. You're really talented. Lots of love, Amanda xxx
Renee said…
I love your little rainbow stool. The colour you get into your work is just fantastic!
sylviesgarden said…
Blimey, you have been a busy bee! The stool cover is superb, it looks fabulous!
I'm sure that you would have the stamina for a crochet blanket, the one I did isn't very big. The colours you use would look great.
I'm looking forward to seeing the patchwork and yet again wishing that I could sew straight.
Hope you have a fun weekend.
x
hey, but i love the effect on that footstool!
michelle L. said…
Hi Melissa, I've just starting reading your blog - you are very talented and have such a fantastic eye - thank you for the "eye candy". I live in cold, cold Mittagong in the southern highlands of NSW - a VERY heavy frost this morning! Michelle.
Bellgirl said…
A lovely quilt for a young man- and I adore the stool!
Steph said…
Your use of colour always makes me smile! That little stool is reborn into a absolute beauty! And your quilt looks AMAZING!!! Hope you have a super week :)
oh my! you are super clever! love this :)
midge said…
i love it all so much. your crochet is brilliant and the quilt, gorgeous. amazing colour choices. love, love ,love it
Love love LOVE the crochet cover!! And the kaleidoscope blocks look awesome! Need to give those a go xox
Kelly said…
Absolutely love the stool! and your kaleidoscope blocks are fantastic love the fabric choices, they are so unexpected but look totally awesome together!
Vic said…
OMG THAT STOOL!!!! I love, love, love it... where do you live, exactly, so that I can come & stea... *coughs* admire it...
Sally said…
Oh I just adore your crochet. So so so vibrant. Loving it muchly.
Lisa said…
This footstool is... well, just the awesomest thing I ever saw. Ever. Wow.

Popular Posts