Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crafty Stuff...

Hello There! Ive been a bit absent blogging lately with school holidays and rellies visiting. I have managed to do a little bit of crafting. I have all of the blocks sewn for my sisters 4oth birthday quilt. Its top secret but Im dying to show you!
Something I can show you is a new cover I made for a thrifted stool my mum gave me. I just made this up as I went along and looks rather snazzy I think!
I also made a little jar cover thingy - cute huh?
Ive posted off my fat quarters for the Vintage sheet FQ swap. They need to be in the mail by Friday so theres still time to join in!
If youre looking for some ideas for your fat quarters you may be interested in this simple quilt I made for my daughter using vintage sheets and new fabrics.
I made this with 8.5"blocks sewn 9 blocks by 11 blocks for a total of 99 blocks. This made a good size quilt for her bed. I used a whole vintage sheet for the backing ( the orange floral )and then stipple quilted all over. Such a simple quilt which showcases all of the beautiful fabrics!
Hope youre all enjoying the week! x

17 comments:

Catherine said...

You have been very busy creating beautiful work Melissa! The crochet stool and jar cover look great,very groovy. The quilt cover is very pretty.:) Have a great week!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I couldn't get past the quilt ... it looks gorgeous that I barely stopped to look at your crochet.

My vintage sheets are all ripped with the exception of one pile. I haven't quite got the hang yet of how it all works and I've mailed away 7 fat quarters from 10 sheets I think. How many did you end up sending?

I can't wait to see any photos Ange posts. It's so exciting.

Sarah said...

I'm loving the quilt - that's my next project over the summer! I like the idea of using a mix of vintage and new sheets - hadn't thought of that one!
If only I could crochet....
x

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh my word, the crocheting is lovely and the quilt is to die for!! Must get my act together and do a patchwork cushion at the very least!

sylviesgarden said...

Love the quilt and the stool cover. They are both gorgeous!
x

kirsty said...

I love the stool cover and the quilt, I'm gonna sneak in there and rob them. I had another go at a stool cover last night and I think I nailed it, it's a bit random though. Just like me ;0)

x

Kylie said...

The quilt looks great - I shoul really do something with all of the sheets and pillow cases that I have around here.

Renee said...

Love your stool cover! And the quilt looks great! I'm thinking of using small squares for my vintage sheet quilt. Love your work!

Kate said...

I LOVE that stool cover! Great job!
Your vintage sheet quilt is gorgeous too. I think we'll be seeing lots of them popping up in the next few months after the swap.

claire said...

I LOVE your stool cover, and the quilt! I think you've inspired me, thanks :D

Steph said...

I just adore your quilt!! The colours are so gorgeous. I bet your little lady loves it!! And your stool is brilliant...People will fight over who gets to sit on the rainbow stool :)

Nana Go-Go said...

Thank you for your very nice comment Melissa. I absolutely love your work and that little mirror with dainty shelf is so pretty. I think it was probably a bathroom mirror at some point - looks maybe `40`s or `50`s - but it looks beautiful up on your bedroom wall. I love your stool cover too - the colours are so cheery. Glad I found you (via `Amanda Makes`).
Have a good week.

Taylor Made said...

Have just seen your beautiful quilt...I think the simpler the better when using such lovely material.

Corrie said...

oh that is a very pretty quilt! well done! looks gorgeous!

Thea said...

I love the crochet stool cover and the quilt too - it has the prettiest colours!

Jenni said...

I love this, just all so lovely!

Zane Wooder said...

I love how some fabric that you put together has made a normal stool into a work of art. Good job.

-Zane