Just arrived in Blogland!

Hello, my name is Melissa and I've just started blogging. I'm still trying to figure it all out! When it comes to computers I'm a bit slow, ( put me in front of a sewing machine any day). I thought I would like to give blogging a go as I love to read others crafty blogs and hope to meet some crafty minded persons and share ideas.
This is a quilt I have just completed for my five year old. It is made up of 8.5" squares of new and vintage fabrics and was inspired by the beautiful patchwork quilts from rose hip You may recognise her lovely crochet edge pillowcases on the bed.
To go with the new quilt I also made this sweet little mirror from recycled mirror and modelling clay. Perfect for her new room.
I cant figure out why my photos are appearing at the top of the page. Hopefully Ill work it out before my next post! Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

kirsty said…
Why hello Melissa, welcome to blogland, the quilt you made for Miss M is absolutely gorgeous, love, love, love it!! And the mirror too!!

x
Steph said…
Congratulations on your lovely new blog!! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous....I haven't braved a quilt yet! All your photos will import to the top of the page, you just have to click on them then move your mouse until you get a little cross shape then click and drag down to where you want it (you probably have worked it out already but it took me ages and I hoped I could spare you). Can't wait to see more lovely things...have the exact same mirror (without the gorgeous embeliishments of course) Hope you had a brilliant weekend :)
Kate said…
Wow, your very first post. Welcome and congratulations! I promise it'll get much easier each time. That quilt is stunning, your daughter must be thrilled. Looking forward to your next post.
Kylie said…
Welcome to Blogland - love the quilt - we used to live int he territory - I miss it.
Sally said…
So beautiful. Stunning.
lauren carney said…
hooray for pretty things!
i rather enjoy all the delightful pictures splish splashed through your posts.
your blog oozes loveliness, and i thank-you for sharing! x
Gina said…
I love your blog, your creations are gorgeous. Welcome!
Lisa said…
I just sat and read through your whole blog while totally drooling on my laptop. (I found you from Quilting in my Pyjamas.) I think I am in love with you. (I mean that in a purely platonic way, of course.) You have an amazing eye for color. Wow. Totally in awe over here.

Popular Posts